Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, March 13, 2009

the zoo

We decided to enjoy the beautiful weather we had last Sunday by taking Ansley to the Columbia Zoo. It was only an hour-and-a-half away which was the perfect distance for a day trip. We knew Ansley would either hate it or love it, well she LOVED it! She walked around everywhere and never wanted to get in the stroller. They had a ton of animals: Apes, sea lions, elephants, snakes (which I hated), giraffes, zebras, ostrich, flamingos, tigers, baboons, monkeys, llamas, bears, a very mean looking alligator, large turtles, etc. (I am sure I am missing a few animals).... Ansley's favorite animals were the monkeys and the sea lion. I could have watched the monkeys all day, just swinging from one tree branch to the other.

We had a wonderful time and can't wait to go back again! Here are some pictures from our day at the zoo.

7 comments:

Kelly and Brent said...

Sounds like you all had a blast! Wish it was a little closer and we could take the girls while I am in town. I am sure we will be busy with lots of other things. :)

Great Pics! Love the one of you and Ansley -- my new favorite :)

Anonymous said...

I agree with Kelly that the pic of you two is a new favorite! The animal pics look like they came out of National Geographic....sooo good! Looks like y'all had a blast and Ans was intranced by the animals.

Casey Kelly Nicholson said...

What a wonderful "learning" trip! You know I'm on quite the wildlife kick at the moment;) Looks like the perfect family outing!

Chantal said...

Great photos! I showed Evan them and he loved your elephant picture! We can't wait to go back this spring! I agree with everyone about the pic of you and Ansley.

The Nortons said...

How much fun! What great pictures! She is growing up so fast...I love her "bob" hair! What a precious little girl!

Anonymous said...

What great pictures! I am so glad that you guys had fun. Ansley looks just as precious as always. :)

MattandErin said...

From snow to sunshine and warmth! I love your photos!