While Rob was working, Ansley and I went to the Children's Museum...she LOVED it! I really wish we had one here in Charlotte. Her favorite was the water station. I couldn't get her out of there :) After the museum we went and had lunch at a great Mexican restaurant my friend Jenna recommended, Juanita Greenbergs. And then we headed to Isle of Palms to visit Pop-Pop. Pop-Pop was on his "men's trip" which they go on every year. They stay in this BEAUTIFUL house across the street from the beach. It is 3 story's with an elevator and a pool on the roof. Lets just say, Ansley LOVED the pool. Thankfully it was heated so Pop-Pop got in with her :)
Ansley at the Children's Museum
doing a little grocery shopping :)
Ansley & Pop-Pop
happy girl!
We also attempted the beach. Last summer when we went to Michigan we took Ansley to the beach and she hated it! She hated the sand and would just scream. Thankfully, she doesn't mind the sand now and she loved collecting seashells and having Pop Pop throw them into the ocean. When we tried to get Ansley to go close to the water she was all about it until she got a couple of feet from the water and then she turned around and started running away, while screaming "NO BEACH" "NO BEACH"! Ha!!! We tried to explain to her that the water was the ocean and the sand was the beach. So she is ok with the beach but not the ocean! Hopefully over time she will begin to enjoy everything that goes along with the beach.
Pop-Pop showing Ansley the seashells
It was a very fast trip, but we had a great time looking at all the boats by our hotel, visiting Pop-Pop, going to the museum and of course seeing daddy :)





4 comments:
I love the last picture of Ansley. So sassy! She looks like she belongs on Laguna Beach or The Hills;) Sounds like a great trip, Jen.
I know you didn't have the best weather but it looks like it was nice when you went to see Pop Pop. Looks like Ansley had a great time with Pop Pop. I am glad she likes the sand -- now we just need to work on the ocean. Maddie was a little scared of the ocean the first time we went this year...now she loves it again. I think the waves running towards them scares them a bit.
Sounds like y'all had a great time! Charleston is so much fun... How far a drive is it?
Oh, I'm so glad you were able to go see Rob and your dad at the same time. Also glad Miss A likes the sand now. The Children's Museum looked fabulous. Loved the pictures...some great shots! love, Mimi
Post a Comment