We decided to take a day trip up to Blowing Rock, NC to see the beautiful fall leaves. We were worried that the trees had not begun changing colors due to the drought but they definitely did not disappoint us.
Blowing Rock is such a cute, quaint little town. We ate at a little seafood restaurant for lunch, then we checked out the shops. Rob had to have his ice cream and then we took Ansley to a great park that was right downtown. Once we finished checking out Blowing Rock, we took the Blue Ridge Parkway home, and what a beautiful site! Talk about breath-taking views!!!
We are very lucky that we do not live far from the mountains, it was nice to get out the city for the day :) We hope to make this an annual tradition of ours while we are still living here.
This display was out in front of one of the shops, it made the perfect fall picture.
Here we are in the park...
The scenic drive along the Blue Ridge Parkway





3 comments:
Wow! Talk about beautiful views. Glad you guys are able to make a day trip up to the mountains.
Cute pics of Ansley. Her personality is showing more and more. I love her little outfit...glad she is able to wear it. :)
Like I said before I have a girl crush on my granddaughter! She is absolutely darling in those wonderful pictures. Either you are a closet photographer or she is practicing to be Miss America!! I'm soooo glad y'all get to go to that beautiful part of the country! XOXOX Mimi
She looks so happy! Looking forward to seeking you guys next week. I'm dressing up as a lawyer. Maybe no one will give me candy ... :(
Post a Comment