Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Ansley's 2nd Birthday Party ~ Cookie Decorating

We had Ansley's birthday party this past Sunday. Her actual birthday is December 26, so we figured we would have an early party this year.....I have been wanting to do a Christmas cookie- decorating party for quite some time and figured this would be a great tradition to start for her birthday and then when the kids get older they can decorate gingerbread houses and take them home. I didn't really expect the kids to sit down the hold time and decorate but they did. Ansley loved just shaking the sprinkles all over the table, she didn't care to much for the actual sugar cookie..... But they did such a great job and had a blast too! I borrowed 2 little tykes picnic tables from a friend and put them out on my screened-in-porch that way the mess would stay outside. Despite the cold weather and several space heaters on the porch the temperature remained comfortable, plus the kids could have cared less that it was cold outside. It doesn't seem to bother them like it does the adults :)
As most of you know, Ansley hates birthday cake, she doesn't like icing either. Since I know she LOVES cookies I bought a round cookie cake from the store and just decorated it myself. I turned it into an ornament using a candy cane as the hook. It wasn't my best work but who cares, it was for a 2 year old, right?!? Well Ansley didn't disappoint, she refused to eat her cookie cake. So I give up as far as the cake goes.
The party was perfect and we can't wait til next year. It will be fun to see how much more the kids will get into the cookie decorating process when they are little older.
I want to thank Mimi & Pops for coming up this past weekend to watch Ansley while we went to a Christmas party on Saturday night and for all the help with getting Ansley's party ready. We can't thank you enough!

the goody bags


Ansley & Pops


Daddy & the birthday girl


Mommy & the birthday girl


having fun with the sprinkles

sweet Abby


she isn't too sure of the cake...

I LOVE this picture... you can tell how happy she was

Ansley playing with one of her many gifts, it a baby that goes in the bathtub with you....

she is pouring shampoo on her baby

4 comments:

Katie Tucker said...

How funny! We don't like cakes or Santa either. Sounds like MK and Ansley would get along great! I love the ornament cake and also the cute goodie bags (where did you find those?). Great party!

Anonymous said...

Love the picture of her so happy at her party! She looks like she's growing up!!! Great job, Mom and Dad....y'all are the BEST! love, Mimi

Kelly and Brent said...

Jen,

It looks like everyone had a great time. We are sorry we missed it!I think cookie decorating is perfect for Miss Ansley and her birthday party. I love the picture of her with the big smile! And I definitely need to find that bathtub babydoll. Madison would love it!

Can't wait to see more pics!

Anonymous said...

what a cute party!! i wish we could have been there :(