This afternoon I was taking a nap while Ansley was sleeping...I was exhausted. I woke up to Ansley screaming bloody murder (definitely not a normal cry or scream). I went running into her room and found her outside of her crib. Obviously she figured out how to climb out of her crib. I am not sure if the screaming was from her being scared of what just happened or she was hanging from the side of the crib and then dropped (she wouldn't have far to drop since the mattress is at its lowest setting and she is so tall). I asked her if she climbed out of her crib, and she said YES. And then I asked her to show me how she did it... I put her back in the crib and she began to lift herself up and at that point I had seen enough. Needless to say, we made a trip to Babies R Us tonight to get a bed rail. I got one of the smaller ones and put it between her crib mattress and the frame. I am not ready to put her in a big girl bed just yet.... Hopefully this will work for a while and then we can transition her into a new room with a new bed this summer.
Thankfully we haven't heard a peep from her so I hope she stays in her bed. She was really liking her new-found freedom of being able to get in and out of the bed so we will see how this all goes.
***Update: Ansley slept great and never got out of her bed. This is how I found her this morning :) ... Gotta love the bed-head look!





4 comments:
It was just a matter of time that she figured out how to get out of her crib -- she has always been a climber! I am glad that she is liking her new freedom but that she is sleeping well too. I hope it stays that way! :)
Oh my gosh... you must have been scared out of your mind! Good to see Ansley looks as if she likes the new set up. She'll be in a big girl bed in no time!
She is such a sweet little girl....staying in her bed and not making trouble or bugging mom and dad. She is a great kid!!!! love, Mimi
So glad she slept for you! And, so funny that she demonstrated her new "skill"....welcome to the world of toddler freedom :) Jenna
Post a Comment