Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, September 4, 2010

Aly's 4 Month Stats & 5 Month Pictures

I am behind on posts, so I figured I would just combine this one. Aly went for her 4 month checkup right after we got back from Harbor Springs. She did great, only cried for a couple seconds when she got her shots but is exactly where she should be developmentally. Aly is a very healthy weight :) so we got the okay to start solids. We also talked to Aly's pediatrician about her head, a doctor at a previous visit mentioned to us that her head looked flat and referred us to a cranial specialist. After going to two different places, we decided to go with the second place which was a lot cheaper and they wanted us to wait another 4 weeks to see if we could really try and get her off her back when she was awake, hoping this would help her head. So, that is just what we were going to do, and my pediatrician thought it was a good idea as well (she is more conservative). We REALLY didn't want Aly to have to get a helmet if we could help it....

Here are Aly's stats from her 4 month checkup:

Weight: 15lbs 8 oz (in the 90th percentile - 2lbs heavier then Ansley was at 4 mths)
Height: 25 1/2 inches (90th percentile)


Well, after 4 weeks of keeping Aly off her back, doing lots of tummy time, the exersaucer, as well as the bumpo, her head just didn't correct itself. Aly's head grew a centimeter but grew everywhere and not just in the one spot we were hoping would start rounding out. So, we decided to go ahead with the helmet. I hate that she has to get it, but in the long wrong it is going to be worth it and will only be for 3 months. With the helmet arriving next week, I decided to take Aly to get her pictures taken.

Aly is 5 months now and it is the first time I have taken her to have her pictures taken, I know, so sad! I just haven't had the time but with her getting her helmet next week, I had to take her....I use to take Ansley to Portrait Innovations but haven't been happy with them and haven't used them in over a year. I just felt like I could take better pictures, plus it was free for me to do it.  However, I do feel like it is easier to have someone else take the pictures for you when they are babies. So I made an appointment with Portrait Innovations and told the guy that I didn't want any of the cheesy backgrounds, I wanted traditional pictures. I was very pleased with them and we got a lot of great shots....Of course I do want some pictures of the girls together at some point but I will deal with that at a later date.

Here are some of my favorites of Miss Aly Lynn at 5 Months.

I have a picture of Ansley wearing this same dress and I love that Aly was able to wear it too :)
I just think this one is funny...I did not buy it but love her facial expression!

5 comments:

MattandErin said...

What great pictures! That is sad about the helmet, but it's better to get it over with and not worry about it anymore! Poor girl (and mama!). You decorate it!

Anonymous said...

Great pics!!! I love them.

Pop Pop

The Nortons said...

Those came out great! She is just precious!!

Casey Kelly Nicholson said...

I'm so sorry to hear Aly has to get a helmet, but it's going to be fine! Some times we all need to round out a few edges:) She is perfect!

And I love the new pictures. I haven't had great success with Portrait Innovations either, but Aly looks precious in all of these!

Anonymous said...

Great photos!!! She is absolutely precious! How can I order some of her?? I love me some Aly!! love, Mimi